The government of India has started the second phase of the Covid-19 vaccination from today and aims to cover over 10 crore people across the country in this drive. People can register themselves on the government’s Co-WIN portal to get the corona vaccine and schedule their vaccination slots at their nearest vaccination centers. In this article, we are going to tell all the details regarding Covid vaccine registration, who are eligible, vaccination cost, and more. Read on!
Covid Vaccine Registration
Eligibility for Covid Vaccine
People who are above 60 years and people who are between 45 years and 59 years with some specific co-morbidities are eligible for the corona vaccine. The list of co-morbidities that are covered under vaccination is as follows:
- Heart failure with hospital admission in the past year
- Post cardiac transplant/ Left Ventricular Assist Device
- Moderate or Severe Valvular Heart Disease
- Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or Idiopathic PAH
- Coronary Artery Disease with past CABG/ PTCA/ MI and Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Angina and Hypertension/ Diabetes treatment
- CT/MRI documented stroke and Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Diagnosis of any solid cancer on or after July 1, 2020, or currently on cancer therapy, etc.
You can check out the full list of co-morbidities in the below picture.
These people will need to submit the certificate of their co-morbidity during the vaccination. The format can be download from the official website and it is to be filled by a registered doctor.
Where to Register for Covid Vaccine?
People can register themselves on the Co-WIN portal (cowin.gov.in) for vaccination. Co-WIN (Covid Vaccine Intelligence Network) is a platform by the government to manage the vaccination drive.
— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) March 1, 2021
There is also an app on the Play Store by the same name which is NOT for people. It is for administrators only. However, they can register through the Arogya Setu app.
Alternatively, you also can go to any Seva Kendra set up in villages to get yourself enrolled. There are about 2.5 lakh service centers in 6 lakh villages across India.
How to Register for Covid vaccine?
The Covid vaccine registration module has the following features:
- Registration for a vaccination (with 3 additional members)
- Choosing the vaccination center
- Schedule vaccination date as per availability
- Reschedule vaccination date.
Follow these steps to register for covid vaccine:
1. In order to register themselves, citizens can go to www.cowin.gov.in and select their location and then click on “Register Yourself”
2. After that, enter a valid mobile number and click on the “Get OTP” button. An OTP is sent on the phone number via SMS, enter the OTP and click on the “Verify” button.
3. Now, the “Registration of Vaccination” page will open up.
4. Enter your details on this page such as your photo ID proof, ID number, Name, Gender, and Year of Birth.
5. Lastly, choose Yes or No, if you have or don’t have any co-morbidities. Citizens between 45 years and 59 years of age will have to fill this and they will need to carry the required certificate as well.
6. Once you enter the details, click on the “Register” button at the bottom.
7. After this, you will go to the “Account Details” page, where you can schedule your appointment.
8. Click on the calendar icon button and schedule your appointment. That’s it.
Note: If you want to add more people to your account, you can do so by clicking on the “Add More” button at the bottom right of the account details page and enter all the details of the person and then click on the “Add” button.
Can you reschedule the appointment?
You can also reschedule your appointment by going to the account details page anytime or delete any user details from the same page. Lastly, you should also download your appointment confirmation letter to carry it on the day of vaccination.
Citizens will get vaccination on the appointed date after verification at the center. They will also get an appointment for the next dose after 28 days automatically.
How to find a Covid vaccination center?
Apart from government hospitals, there are about 10,000 private hospitals under the PMJAY scheme, 600 hospitals under CGHS, and some other private hospitals across the country that are available as vaccination centers. You can find your nearest vaccination center by going to the Co-WIN portal and enter your locality or address in the given box.
What is the cost of the Covid vaccine in India?
Covid vaccination is free of cost at the government facilities and paid at private hospitals. However, the government has capped the price of the Covid vaccine at Rs. 250 per dose in private hospitals. So the total cost in private hospitals will be Rs 500.
Which Covid vaccines are available in India?
India has approved only two covid vaccines for its vaccination drive as of now. The first vaccine is Covishield, developed by the Oxford University & AstraZeneca and manufactured by the Serum Institute of India.
The second one is Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin. Interestingly, PM Narendra Modi also gets home-grown ‘Covaxin’ by Bharat Biotech on Monday morning at AIIMS, Delhi.
Took my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at AIIMS.
Remarkable how our doctors and scientists have worked in quick time to strengthen the global fight against COVID-19.
I appeal to all those who are eligible to take the vaccine. Together, let us make India COVID-19 free! pic.twitter.com/5z5cvAoMrv
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 1, 2021
Please note that people can not choose which covid vaccine they will get. They can only choose the date they want to get the vaccination and the center for the same.
So, this was all about Coronavirus vaccination in India. If you have any queries, you can ask the same in the comments below!
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.